flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Changes to BlazeDS addressing memory consumption
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:22:50 GMT
Hi,

I am currently digging into some of the problems reported to BlazeDSs memory consumption.
While there seems to be a real problem in the cleanup of clients, there is one other problem
that could eventually help systems with a high throughput of messages.

Usually messages for a client are added to that clients message queue. Now sometimes there
are messages that need to be delivered, but (at least im my usecases) most messages should
be delivered, but if the server is under extreme load it wouldn't be that bad to have them
dropped.

One possible solution possibly resolving some of the memory problems would be to change the
queues to use weak references, that the VM can clean them up if memory is low. I would like
to extend the Message interface with an method that controls if weak or strong references
should be used. I was thinking of setting a default on the channel and allowing to explicitly
override this default in the individual message.

What do you think? Would this option be ok for you?

Chris