flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FLEXJS][FALCONJX] Now using @export instead of @expose
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 06:32:37 GMT

On 7/5/15, 11:03 PM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel again, so if you
>have some grunt work that I can spend a couple of hours on, I'll be glad
>help out.

Well, I’m not sure what will be interesting to you.  Just off the top of
my head:

-I think I’ve been lazy about proper jsdoc annotations (using Object in
places where more specific types are probably possible) so that’s a
potential task.
-I’ve wondered if it is supposed to be easier to debug in the js-release
version.  It seems like you can’t always get your breakpoints to work
because of the way the source-map maps to the minified code.  A wiki post
on tips and tricks might be useful.  Even if I can get the browser to hit
a breakpoint I sometimes want to see the minified code again so I can see
what variables it renamed.
-I’ve wondered if we shouldn’t even be using @export, and somehow give GCC
a custom list of things that shouldn’t be renamed which FalconJX might be
able to gather during compilation by looking at binding expressions and
obj[“someProp”] access.
-We have initialized private vars in the constructor and could probably
move more of them to the prototype.
-Or any other topic along the lines of making the code smaller, run
faster, or compile faster.  Try using examples/DataBindingTest to see how
long FalconJX takes.

I’m going to try to spend my time Monday and Tuesday investigating the
Installer failures.

View raw message