flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <teotigraphix...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS][FalconJX] Ready for another release?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:24:29 GMT
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 1:42 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> IMO, both Flash Builder and IntelliJ are saying the same thing:  “show us
> that folks want it, then we’ll look into it”.   It is a chicken and egg
> problem.

IMHO the chicken and egg thing is actually how many people are working on
this project right now.

Looking at commits... 5, 6 randomly through 3-4 months, am I wrong here?

Users want to use something that is getting left behind by the amount of
people actually creating it. If this chicken egg thing keeps happening this
way, there is no way FlexJS can even keep up with all the other options
that are evolving this year.

I put in a bit of time the last two months because I knew 2015 was the time
this project had to jump in.

Maybe Josh's experiment might help the project if he decides to keep going,
at least the compiler would get some attention from people in his circles
which is quite large.

Anyway, I have no answers other than there needs to be some type of written
documentation that spells this whole project out and tires to get people
that have coding skills interested.

I am pretty sure the lowlevel compiler can be maintained by the current 3-4
people that have developed it but, it's the other part Carlos etal are
talking about that needs 20+ devs contributing randomly.

Mike