flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <teotigraphix...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS][FalconJX] Ready for another release?
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:24:28 GMT
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 6:02 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosmallm@gmail.com>

> +1 for a release of FlexJS.  It would be great to highlight and talk about
> the new version of FlexJS at ApacheCon Europe on Oct 1st, 2015.
> I have been talking to various folks (outside of Apache) about FlexJS.  One
> feedback I've received is that the version number of 0.02 makes folks think
> that it is not ready to be taken seriously.  It is hard to convince folks
> to start using it if it has an 'alpha only' sheen to it.  I really think
> that the next version should be at a 1.0 release.  Even if it is not
> perfect, the FlexJS already has a lot of strong things going for it.  I
> don't think we should keep it under the covers anymore, i.e. keeping it at
> a sub 1.0 release version.
> Thoughts?

Or at least 0.5 or 1.0 alpha. :) I know there are 1000's of hours into the
compiler/transpiler/eternc side so having it at 0.0.2 really sucks.

I know what Carlos is saying but the damn thing need to just have a
release, then release again, and again adding things. This isn't a fashion
show where you get one walk down the ile, it's iterative. haha