flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] IntelliJ Integration
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 20:49:13 GMT

On Jul 22, 2015, at 11:44 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 7/22/15, 1:36 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Makes sense.
>> From my perspective, here’s what I’m looking to do:
>> I have a rather large application which has a pretty clean divide between
>> business logic and view.
>> 1) I’m looking to adapt the business logic part so it’ll cross-compile
>> into Javascript, pretty much as-is. I expect to have to work on some of
>> the capabilities and classes to make them cross-compilable. XML
>> processing is one example.
> Is there no way to convert to using JSON instead of XML?  FWIW, I’ve
> pondered the notion of a servlet that acts like a proxy server, grabs XML
> from the actual server and converts it to JSON.

The problem is I need to consume the XML and then push it back out. I’ve been thinking about
the problem a lot and I think some normal classes that are reminiscent of XML and XMLList
are the cleanest way to go. I’m probably going to punt on some of the stickier aspects of
E4X, but I think I can get pretty far.

>> 2) I’d like to port the view into ActionScript which would compile to
>> Easel.js-compatible Javascript. My understanding is that folks have
>> already been working on the Easel.js problem.
> I don’t know that we have Easel libraries right now, but I could have
> missed someone working on it.  And, of course, you are welcome to take on
> creating Easel wrappers.

If need be, I’m prepared to work on that. (But I guess I’ll need to learn how to build
those externs…) ;-)
View raw message