flex-dev mailing list archives

From DarkStone <darkst...@163.com>
Subject Re:The future of Adobe AIR is right?
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 01:00:45 GMT
Hi Udirley,

No worry, the Adobe AIR support is very much alive, Adobe updates AIR every 3 to 4 weeks.

The following new features of Adobe AIR is coming this year:

AIR – Concurrency for iOS (already available in AIR 19 beta)
AIR – 64-bit support for Windows and Mac applications
AIR – Improved HTML5 support
AIR – Improved video support on Android
AIR – HiDPI support for Windows 8 and Windows 10

See the Flash Roadmap for more information:

With Apache Flex SDK + Adobe AIR + HTML5/JS, you can do cool mobile apps like this:
(Use your iOS or Android device to open this url, then download and install it at your mobile
device, no desktop computer needed)
The main frame and the front page of this demo are all made with Flex SDK (not FlexJS), the
other pages are loaded with HTML5/JS (not FlexJS) webpages using AIR's StageWebView.
Due to this demo is part of a commercial project of my client in China, this demo is not open

>Adobe AIR will be kept? This is a sure future?
>I migrate to AIR?

>You can now use FlexJS?
FlexJS is not production ready for use yet, but the future of FlexJS is promising.

For now, Apache Flex SDK + Adobe AIR is production ready.

Hope it helps.