flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [FalconJX FlexJS] JQuery up and running, a nightmare but we now have 1.9 in AS
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 17:23:09 GMT
> As our JS output is basically immutable, I think these discussions are
> missing the point and feel like trying to second guess the machine
> code/assembly that this JS basically is.

In What language, the debugging and the tests are supposed to be done, AS3 or JS ?

> When properly annotated, the GCC warns or throws an error if the code seems
> to access 'privileged' members, but I'd guess that the AS compiler does the
> same, so why worry?

/**
 * @private
 */
Main.prototype.start = function() {
  HtmlContainer.load([Main.JQUERY_SCRIPT], Main.run);
};

This is called without any Error from the html: new Main().start();

Do you know why it doesn't work for my private start() ?

What about protected methods ? can myClassExtendsObjectInstance["myProtectedMethodFromClassA"]()
is supposed throw an Error ?

Frédéric THOMAS