flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] Code formatting
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 05:23:49 GMT

On 6/29/15, 2:38 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <teotigraphixllc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think you misunderstood me, I don't care about line length. If you want
>it 120 then that is fine, 80 is an old habit from Flex/Flash days.

Let’s go with 120.  80 is too little and 200 is definitely too much.  But
my point about not liking automatic line-length is that I find it annoying
to have a list of interface implementations broken onto two lines just
because the last one in the list hit 121 characters.  Even if it got
clipped by my editor, I would still know what it is.  And then I have an
almost empty second line with just “IID” or something like that on it.

But I agree that consistency in braces and indentation and most other code
formatting is a good thing.

View raw message