flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX FlexJS] JQuery up and running, a nightmare but we now have 1.9 in AS
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:18:54 GMT

On 6/26/15, 8:46 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoublefx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Now folks who want to use the externs SWCs to go right at JS have a
>> different problem. There is no SWF to catch these issues. If we need a
>> more complex transpilar to make these folks happy well, then that’s what
>> we’ll have to do.
>
>Yes, I didn't have only this process (coding in MXML / AS3, create a SWF
>and debug in the IDE) in mind, to me folks could code directly for FLEXJS
>output type too, for example creating an AS3/JS component library, in
>this scenario, the debugging is JS only for the JS part even though they
>have the ease to code it in AS3 as we have externs now.
>
>Remains the tests, I guess we should make people able to test the
>produced JS code, for example adding Jasmine as externs ?

Certainly don’t want to rule out any testing frameworks.  We have some
Selenium tests running now.  I’ve pondered whether we can cross-compile
FlexUnit or not and use it on the JS side.

>> Did you test the minified JS in js-release or the debug version in
>> js-debug? If js-release, the GCC might have removed it since it didn’t
>> see anybody calling it.
>
>Yes, I have this issue even with the the js-debug

Weird.  Will have to try it when I find time.  This is a vacation week for
Adobe so I will be a bit slower.

>>>What about protected methods ? can
>>>myClassExtendsObjectInstance["myProtectedMethodFromClassA"]() is
>>>supposed
>>>throw an Error ?
>>
>> With someInstance[“someProp”] patterns, I don’t think any compiler
>>checks
>> for that.
>
>I wasn't talking about the compile time but the runtime here.

And that would be the value of being able to run your AS in a SWF in
Flash, just to check that.

-Alex