flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX FlexJS] JQuery up and running, a nightmare but we now have 1.9 in AS
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:52:00 GMT

On 6/20/15, 8:38 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <teotigraphixllc@gmail.com> wrote:

>What happens if you try to compile an external that does this that is not
>part of the JS.swc build? Well for one, it won't be added because the
>Window class is already compiled into the JS.swc.
>
>So for now, it's important that we add all externs to JS.swc that mixin to
>the HTML DOM classes.
>
>Good frameworks I would think don't do this? It's just their API and that
>is all.

Hmm, I’ll get a lot of frameworks hack the built-in prototypes.  We’re
doing that in the UI frameworks for FlexJS.  First of all, it is possible,
second, there are only so many ways to associate the actual HTML elements
with the actual classes you want to present.

So maybe, instead of having a stack of SWCs where Jquery.swc depend on
js.swc, the Jquery.swc will be all-inclusive and not depend on js.swc
because it will have its own copies of the classes that are in js.swc in
it with the modifications that JQuery applies.

-Alex