flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Installer 3.2
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 05:55:04 GMT

On 6/12/15, 10:38 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 12, 2015 9:41 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> I grabbed the EXE off the CI server.  The Hex Editor I have can’t find
>>the
>> LICENSE by examining the EXE file.  My understanding from Roy was that’s
>> how most folks are going to look, so I’m not sure if this approach is
>> going to work.  It might be that the LICENSE is compressed and thus not
>> discoverable.
>>

>I dint see that in his response.  Mind explaining?

Roy said something about static arrays that contain the L & N.  IIRC,
that’s because they get placed at the end of the .EXE file by most C
compilers.  That made it sound like folks dump the strings out of the
.EXE.  That didn’t work for the EXE off the CI server.

However, I’m off by a level.  The EXE from the CI server really installs
the Installer EXE and it now results in co-located L & N, so yes, I think
that is good enough when we put the right L & N in there.

-Alex