flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] Unit test shows full use of pure actionscript to javascript compile
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:17:55 GMT

On 6/10/15, 6:46 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoublefx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>For better performances, we would need to make the incremental
>compilation to work but for instance, IIRC Alex switched it off because
>it didn't work well.

Volunteers are welcome to try to fix it.  Or implement a whole new
incremental compile strategy.  I think I’ve noticed that Java compiler
writes out an .class file and uses file dates to determine whether to
compile again and seems to do that very quickly.  I’ve pondered whether
Falcon would get similar gains if we wrote out .abc files.

 Anyway, I will be working on packaging up all of Mike’s work so it is
easier to use from the nightly builds.

View raw message