flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <teotigraphix...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] Vanilla compiler, all externs parsing and contained in SWC :)
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:35:35 GMT
On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 3:36 AM, piotrz <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Some question. How can I actually use JS.swc ? It will be part of FlexJS,
> but could I use it as an separate library ?

Basically what I have allowed the compiler(FalconJX) to do is type check
DOM API when compiling. Also, with the JS SWC we can use the MXMLC compiler
WITHOUT a playerglobal.swc, I think that is the huge thing that I did. The
new "playerglobal" is the "JS" swc.

Yes you can use it as a separate library but it only makes sense in the
context of AS -> JS compilation with FalconJX and a javascript emitter such
as FlexJS.

> Let's say I grab JS.swc and write some code and in order to build
> everything
> I need to use FalconJX.

Yes, this is the part you can do right now. It what my example was showing.
Although the difference is, FlexJS is compiling SWF and JS, we need a
compiler path that just runs JS and thus needs the JS.swc because there is
no playerglobal and Flash.

For all this to be working correctly I see another month or so of getting
the tool chain working.

> Can you describe in details how you generate JS output ? :)

We need a front end program for users to compile this. Right now, I am
compiling straight from the lowlevel FalconJX java API. So other than you
writing java it's not accessible yet.

Just like we have MXMLJC, we are going to need something that is not tied
to that, we need like MXMLJS. :) We need a main call that assembles a
compiler without Flash, FlexJS can use this JS.swc but we need a compiler
for instance Josh can use without all the FlexJS stuff tied to it, so it
really does need to be a separate compiler client.

I will try and write a unit test so you can see how to compile a simple non
MXML app using this method, I have one working. I probably will just commit
the code and put an @Ignore on it so you can see.

You have the compiler building correct and in Eclipse for dev?