flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <teotigraphix...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX FlexJS] JQuery up and running, a nightmare but we now have 1.9 in AS
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:56:13 GMT
On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > Great! Basically, there is a js-compile-config.xml that EXTERNC is told
> > to use to generate a bunch of AS files from the .js files listed in
> > js-compile-config.xml. Then COMPC runs and uses compile-config.xml to
> > generate the SWC. If I were working on it, I would rename
> > closure-compiler folder to js-externs and create a similar jquery-externs
> > folder with its own copies of the -config.xml files and the jquery.js
> > externs file in it. I think that the jquery compile-config.xml will need
> > to list js.swc in the external-library-path.
>
> Ah ok, so, I was probably in the Mike way trying to create a
> TestExternalsJQueryCompile based on TestExternalsJSCompile ?
> Btw, I've seen TestExternJQuery but I didn't get where it was call from,
> you know ?

Fred, my tests TestExternalsJSCompile was to prove that I could parse js,
create the AS, create a SWC and then use that SWC to call FalconJX with the
FlexJS emitter and product a valid application js cross compiled file.

Now, the sketchy part of jquery is that as Alex said, the build needs to
include the JS.SWC for at least the Object definition to compile correctly.

You will also have to feed it those excludes I have listed in
ExternalsTestUtils.addTestExcludesFull() line 83.

JQuery extern doesn't add anything to the DOM classes but some externs do
and I haven't even thought about that problem since JS.SWC is already
created, the prototypes can't be added to.

Anyway, I think you can get it going by following what Alex said and what I
just listed, let me know if you get it building.

Mike

> I will dig up your way.
>
> Thanks,
> Frédéric THOMAS

> > From: aharui@adobe.com
> > To: dev@flex.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: [FalconJX FlexJS] JQuery up and running, a nightmare but we
> now have 1.9 in AS
> > Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:17:51 +0000
> >
> > Great! Basically, there is a js-compile-config.xml that EXTERNC is told
> > to use to generate a bunch of AS files from the .js files listed in
> > js-compile-config.xml. Then COMPC runs and uses compile-config.xml to
> > generate the SWC. If I were working on it, I would rename
> > closure-compiler folder to js-externs and create a similar jquery-externs
> > folder with its own copies of the -config.xml files and the jquery.js
> > externs file in it. I think that the jquery compile-config.xml will need
> > to list js.swc in the external-library-path.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Alex

> >>Work better thanks.
> >>
> >>I will have a look at how the things are done for js.swc, eventually, try
> >>jquery.swc
> >>
> >>Frédéric THOMAS
> >>

> >>----------------------------------------

Ant. Will

> [...]