flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] FlexJS as to js work
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 19:00:11 GMT
> On 6/2/15, 11:45 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
> >I think the best solution, 'goog' safe, would be to define the field on
> >the
> >prototype (with all the proper JSDoc annotations) and then initialize it
> >in
> >the constructor.
> Works for me as well.  Can you confirm that Google Closure doesn’t really
> care?  I feel like I got bit by  the Linter wanting @private jsdoc to have
> a variable name that ends with “_” if it was on the prototype, or some
> silly rule like that.  But on the other hand, we won’t be linting the
> output.  But I don’t want it to fool Google Closure Compiler.

The linter - which is from Google as well - is just enforcing a coding
convention. The underscore is not needed to 'declare' a field private. The
JSDoc annotation does that.

You can add an argument to the linter telling it to ignore the missing

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295