flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.2 RC2
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 05:33:47 GMT
Hi,

> but I don’t think there is a minimum level of scrutiny required in order to cast a
binding
> vote.

As per [1] you need to:
"Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download the signed source code package, compile
it as provided, and test the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also verifying
that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy on releases.”

So yes there is a minimum.

That being said the script does do most of that and even if you don’t vote or not 100% sure
of the requirements then checking / testing a release in the time you have is still a good
thing to do.

The PMC in general, and the PMC chair in particular (as an officer of the Foundation) is responsible
for compliance with requirements. [2]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release