flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Need ideas for spare server
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 02:55:46 GMT
Hi,

> Just fyi, flexjs.com was bought by some domain name squatters and it is being sold for
about $3000
> usd

Sad but probably not a huge amount we can do about that. I don’t believe FlexJS is trademarked?

> . apacheflex.com was also taken.

Wish I hadn’t looked at that, as it's is clear violation of Apache trademark policy (they
use the same logo, apache flex in the domain name[1], no attribution, etc etc).  The Flex
PMC will probably need to do something about this. [2] [3]

Who is info on that domain if it helps as I’m not sure ether content / contact info etc
is actually real.
http://dig.whois.com.au/whois/apacheflex.com <http://dig.whois.com.au/whois/apacheflex.com>

Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html <http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html>