flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject [FalconJX] builtin.swc (was Re: [FalconJX] AS for Native HTML JS)
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 16:20:04 GMT

On 5/27/15, 3:00 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <teotigraphixllc@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>

>> I would want to get a ruling on that from higher up in Apache.  First
>> there is the risk that your site goes away some day.  Then there is the
>> question as to whether PMC folks can set up external entities to get
>> around some of these Apache rules.  Now if there was already a swc we
>> could use on the mozilla site then that would be usable.
>>

>I mean github but yeah, I have no idea what I am talking about so this one
>is on your shoulders. :)

In digging around this morning, I did find the builtin.as and included
files in a stable enough place for me on Github [1].  However, I could not
find a SWC already compiled from those sources.  These sources are under
MPL, so we have to work within these rules [2].

The rules don’t say we can’t build the object/binary form ourselves, so I
think that is an option. Then:
1) the source release would not contain any of these MPL files but we’d
mention in the README that we download these files and generate a SWC.
2) that SWC goes in the binary convenience package.

Thoughts?
-Alex

[1] https://github.com/nxmirrors/tamarin-central
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b