flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] AS for Native HTML JS (was Re: [FalconJX FlexJS] JIRA issues and helping with the compiler)
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 22:45:13 GMT

On 5/27/15, 3:37 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <teotigraphixllc@gmail.com> wrote:

>Well, that is semantics that challenge me, the get_, set_ was kludge and I
>hate kludge. :)

I’m not sure of your definition of “kludge” but while
Object.defineProperties is quite cool for translating:

function get foo():int
function set foo(value:int):void

The way Object.defineProperties works make it ugly to handle:

override function get foo():int
   return super.foo;
override function set foo(value:int):void
    super.foo = value;

At least, it seems pretty awful to me but I haven’t looked at what TS
produces.  Maybe they have a better way.  Plus there is more trickery if
the subclass only overrides the getter and not the setter and vice versa.
There is another scenario where the class C extends B and class B extends
A and A has a getter or setter, B does not override it, but C does.

Good luck,

View raw message