flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Squiggly Oddness
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 14:54:55 GMT
I haven’t looked at the code at all, but maybe it would be worth trying to
figure out “why” Squiggly replaces the controller.  I would imagine it is
to get certain events so it knows when to run its spell checker and/or
injecting the squiggly decoration.  Having the controller dispatch the
right events and providing a hook to inject decorations might be a better
approach so Squiggly doesn’t have to be so invasive.

On 5/27/15, 3:23 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>One idea which could solve problem #1 would be to add a method
>IFlowComposer.replaceController() which would dispatch an event with the
>old controller and the new one.
>But, this doe not solve problem #2. There must be some way of solving
>this using composition…
>On May 27, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When loading Squiggly, it modifies the controllers in the FlowComposer
>>and swaps out the existing controllers with
>> This is problematic:
>> 1) There’s no way to track ContainerControllers while using Squiggly.
>>Any tracked ContainerControllers become unused. (I currently have this
>>problem. I have some code which tracks threading across containers.)
>> 2) If someone subclasses ContainerController for some reason, their
>>code blows up.
>> Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
>> Harbs

View raw message