flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Falcon/FalconJX installation broken
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 12:51:38 GMT
Hi Kevin,

My recommended workflow for FlexJS is to build a SWF first and debug it
because the Flash Player VM and the IDE’s debugger should make that a
pretty fast edit/compile/debug cycle.  So typically, you want to build the
SWF first by either integrating bin/mxmlc into the IDE or calling it

Then, once you think you’ve debugged your logic, you can take the longer
trip of cross-compiling your code by running js/bin/mxmlc.

So, for IntelliJ for now, you might need both.

FlashBuilder does not use bin/mxmlc so that’s probably why chmod is
needed.  Feel free to file a bug and/or submit a patch to the install
script for that.

There might be a bug for how SCRIPT_HOME works in js/bin/mxmlc so if you
have a patch for that, that would be great as well.

Are you otherwise up and running?