flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: AW: AW: [LAST CALL] FlexUnit 4.3
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 15:49:18 GMT
I could be wrong but I suspect the core of flexunit doesn't have sdk dependencies. The CI functions
can run without a gui.

>Correct. The FlexUnit core is just AS but there are hooks for the GUI. Its honestly something
I wanted to refactor more. Right now it's possible to build a version with or without framework
dependencies. I kind of hate that part of it all.

The question may be whether the gui needs to be in the same swf or application domain of the
thing it is testing. In theory it would be better to have independence so the gui doesn't
impact what is being tested. Don't know if the verify errors indicate a setup issue or something
that could be changed.

>This was actually what I was working on originally. The work is about 80% done because
having the UIListener in the same application domain as the test does cause issues. Inside
the framework you can see a fair amount of work on separating these already but there were
some final bridges I was trying to cross on interrogating objects with describe type across
application domains. This led me to trying to make the UIListener run in one app domain but
the actual test runner in the same domain as the tests. This is viable but the current UIListener
uses typed objects, so that needs to be resolved.