flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Flex SDK Converter Maven Extension available
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 17:21:47 GMT
Yup ... I know exactly why you are getting this cause I had to figgure that out too :-)
Maven 3.3 has higher requirements for the Java Version ... you need at least a Java 1.7 VM

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frédéric THOMAS [mailto:webdoublefx@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. April 2015 18:46
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: RE: AW: Flex SDK Converter Maven Extension available

Hi Chris,

Just came back home and was trying FM 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT, I droped flex-maven-extension.jar into
the lib/ext folder along with the extensions.xml of my fresh maven 3.3.1 (I still was in 3.0.5)
and got this even though after I removed the extensions.xml:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/maven/cli/MavenCli
: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Any clue ?

Frédéric THOMAS

> From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Subject: AW: Flex SDK Converter Maven Extension available
> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:50:07 +0000
>
> Ok ... so maven and it's classloading can be a PITA ;-)
>
> But the latest version now works with all Maven versions from 3.1.1 up to 3.3.1.
> So if you copy the fat jar from
> flex-utils/mavenizer/maven-extension/target/flex-maven-extension-1.0.0.jar to MAVEN_HOME/lib/ext
and try to build a Flex project with Flexmojos, the magic will kick in instantly.

> Unfortunately my last changes seem to have broken the ability to include the extension
using the ".mvn/extensions.xml" mechanism. I'll fix that as soon as possible.

> Chris

Mavenizer). I ended up with a version of Flexmojos that allowed to build flex applications
without any dependencies at all (compiler, player/airglobal, framework were added automatically).
By setting some properties flexmojos would auto-download the resources and convert them. I
even managed to have the compiler resources automatically added to the plugin classpath.

> > The huge downside of this approach is that other maven plugins don't deal really
well with this. For example the dependency:tree plugin doesn't show the libs and IntelliJ
doesn't either. I was also really worried that I was working around mavens dependency resolutions
strategies which could mess up some things big time.

> > I therefore tried something completely different. I created a core maven extension.
You can think of this as a plugin for maven itself. With this I added a Maven "EventSpy" which
monitors Maven for resolution requests to Flex related artifacts. If one of these fail to
resolve, the SDK Converter kicks in to download, convert and install the artifacts. Depending
on the Maven version you are using this has to be installed slightly different.

> > If you are using Maven 3.3.1 or above (Yeah ... not too much above that yet ;-):

> > - create a ".mvn" directory in your projects root.
> >
> > - create an "extensions.xml" inside that directory with the
> > following content
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <extensions>
> >     <extension>
> >         <groupId>org.apache.flex.utilities.converter</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>maven-extension</artifactId>
> >         <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >     </extension>
> > </extensions>

> > If you are using Maven below 3.3.1

> > Copy the flex-maven-extension jar to your MAVEN_HOME/lib/ext
> > directory (Have to do a little more testing with this though ... the
> > 3.3.1 approach should work)
> >

> > So you should be able to build the above project without having ANYTHING related
to flex installed by executing:

> > mvn install
> >
> > I did change 2 minor things in the current sdk-converter though ... FDKs now have
three digit versions an no longer contain the build number ... so instead of using 4.14.1.20150325
you just use 4.14.1 instead. Additionally now for the flash sdk a "com.adobe.flash:framework:pom"
is created in order to have all sdk parts in sync.