flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Does Squiggly support Hebrew?
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 23:34:20 GMT
Hi,

> On the Adobe Squiggly page it says vertical and rtl text is not supported
> in this current release (which release?), "Vertical text and right-to-left
> (RTL) text flow is not supported in the current release of Squiggly.
> (2872937, 2872937)". Does anyone know if this is outdated? Will it support
> Hebrew?

The donated code I believe wasn’t identical to what Adobe last release was, however I’m
unsure if it supports right to left text. The best way to find out would be to try it and
see, you would however require a dictionary for the language in question. Most (but not all)
of these are non Adobe license comparable (LGPL). You can obtain other dictionary files from:
    http://wordlist.aspell.net/other-dicts
    http://extensions.openoffice.org
    http://hunspell.sourceforge.net

The README has instructions on how to add a new dictionary.

There is also some Squiggly examples in Tour De Flex that may help.
http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/?app=apache/squiggly/SpellingExExample

> In the meantime, I've made some upgrades to the SpellUIForTLF class. Please
> keep those programmers out of the system

There’s not a lot of people working on Squiggly so I think you be safe there. All contributions
are of course welcome.

> and someone please get me that Chinese language file I asked for. ...end of line.

That I can’t help you with.

Thanks,
Justin