flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Splitting up flex-utilities (was Re: Where to put code examples?)
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:08:12 GMT
That splitting up sounds good ... especially if I'm working on different parts with individual
feature branches the switching is a real PITA.

Chris

Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 24. April 2015 22:25
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Splitting up flex-utilities (was Re: Where to put code examples?)

On 4/24/15, 1:12 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>No objections.  I see flex-utilities as a incubator repo where we put
>things initially.  When projects are ready to be released, ideally they
>should be moved over to their own repos before the first release.

I’m not a git expert so I don’t know how easy it is to move a subset of a
repo to another repo and not lose history.  IMO, if Infra has to do it, it
is best for new code donations to land in a new repo of their own.

Anyway, the link to the old thread is [1].  My proposal is copied below:

At the top-level is:

ApacheFXG
FlexPMD
Squiggly
Common
installerLocaleEditor
CodeCoverage
MD5Checker
TourDeFlex
Installer
maven-flex-plugin
FXGTools
MobileTrader
ant_on_air
installerBadge
Mavenizer

I would argue that we should leave the following in flex-utilities.  I
guess it sort of means that flex-utilities is for code that we don't have
release plans for, but help us do other things like modify FXG files, or
check MD5s.  If we end up wanting to release something in flex-utilities,
hopefully we can later move it to its own repo without losing history.

ApacheFXG
FXGTools
MD5Checker
MobileTrader
CodeCoverage

Then we should create more repos as follows:
flex-installer.git:
ant_on_air
Common
Installer
installerBadge
installerLocaleEditor

flex-maven.git:

Maven-flex-plugin
Mavenizer

flex-squiggly.git
Squiggly

flex-pmd.git
FlexPMD

flex-tdf.git
TourDeFlex

The thread died when Om wanted to move TDF into flex-examples and I asked
him a question that never got answered.  Maybe we can pick up from there.

-Alex

[1] http://markmail.org/message/edii4ycwrj3pmor6