flex-dev mailing list archives

From Dany Dhondt <archeme...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Author tags in SDK code
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 08:10:18 GMT
Hi Justin,

If I can be of any help, please let me know (and tell me what to do, or what not to do)

> Op 20-mrt.-2015, om 08:53 heeft Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> het volgende
> HI,
>> Ignore them. There’s no hard rule that they cannot be there.
> You're correct in that there's no absolute rule but it is strongly recommended by the
ASF board that they be removed. With the possible exception of releases and legal policy that's
about as hard as the ASF gets. :-) I've already removed most of them anyway (2000 or 3000
odd I'd guess). Showing that the code belongs to the community rather than an individual hopefully
encourages people to contribute. Also given a large number of the authors tagged no longer
contribute to the project it's really only of historical interest.
> The reason I haven't yet removed them from that particular location is that it contains
(Apache licensed) 3rd party code and I'm not 100% sure if we can remove them or not. I'm happy
to do the work here (unless anyone else wants to help out that is). Was just asking to see
what other people think.