flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [FlexPMD] Starting work on FlexPMD
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:01:24 GMT

Summarizing the last state of FlexPMD in order to get others up to speed ...

As PMD didn't support adding new languages, Adobe seem to have forked PMD years ago in order
to build FlexPMD with this. This base version of PMD hasn't been updated for a long, long
time. While the standalone Ant target seems to be still working, the Maven plugin won't work
with somewhat up-to-date maven versions. I invested quite some time to make them work, but
I came to the conclusion that it's not possible within a reasonable effort.

As the current version of PMD supports language modules, I would like to extract the parts
of FlexPMD that make up the Flex language support and convert this into a PMD language module
and drop the old PMD code.

What do you think?