flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Installer] legal review
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:42:39 GMT
Hi,

> In this particular case, I, as an Adobe employee, re-licensed the code and
> donated it to Apache.

With the permission / blessing of Adobe legal department? Again I don't think there is an
issue here, but just asking.

> We only download the binary SWC from as3 commons zip and don’t bundle the
> full SWC.

The LICENSE/NOTICE must reflect what is bundled but again in this case it's not a major issue.

As I stated I don't think what we currently have is 100% correct, but it's probably good enough
and given the licenses incolved there's little or no legal risk involved to the project so
there's no issue in making a release with the current LICENSE/NOTICE. Unless anyone thinks
otherwise?

Thanks,
Justin