flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Allmost finished fixing the FlexPMD build
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 06:41:12 GMT
Sorry to say this, but you won't succeed with this :-(
The fork FlexPMD was based on is insanely out of date. Thats why I stopped my work on getting
the old build to fly, but invested some time on the original PMD project. I made this accept
languages as a plugin the version 5.2 (I think) is now able to use a Flex Language plugin.

But converting the essential stuff from FlexPMD into a PMD language plugin still needs tob
e done.

Chris




-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Left Right [mailto:olegsivokon@gmail.com] 
Gesendet: Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015 14:51
An: dev
Betreff: Re: AW: Allmost finished fixing the FlexPMD build

Sorry to bump an old thread. I'm now trying to build FlexPMD project.
Obviously it doesn't build and I can't find any build instructions (I've checked the flexpmd-pmd-update
branch from git://git.apache.org/flex-utilities.git). My goal is really to have the FlexPMD
bindaries (I'm not going to work on the source code). I would like to avoid interaction with
Maven as much as possible (isn't there a simpler build somewhere?). And if the setup is too
involved, and someone would be so kind as to send me the jars, I'd be very grateful.

Best.

Oleg

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Any better on this or still stuck because of the maven deployment ?
> Thanks,
> Frédéric THOMAS
>
>> From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
>> To: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Subject: AW: Allmost finished fixing the FlexPMD build
>> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 12:00:58 +0000
>>
>> Oh crap ... yeah well when I think about it It couldn't have worked as the build
uses Flexmojos zu build and that needs a mavenized FDK available :-( ... anyone know if we
could send the Apache Guys a zip with artifacts that they could manually deploy to the local
maven repo of jenkins?
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. September 2014 13:53
>> An: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Betreff: AW: Allmost finished fixing the FlexPMD build
>>
>> Ok ... so I setup a flex-pmd jenkins build ... let's see how it goes.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. September 2014 13:19
>> An: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Betreff: AW: Allmost finished fixing the FlexPMD build
>>
>> Hi Justin,
>>
>> search for "@Ignore" in the Java classes. I disabled tests that referenced these
files and added a comment that I disabled them because they were not part of the donation.
I think they were about 3-4 Files in total.
>>
>> If its a bandwidth problem that I can't deploy the SNAPSHOTs, I might be able to
solve this by setting up a Jenkins Job that does that from Apache hardware. Will look into
this.
>>
>> But today I have an appointment with a pint of "Düsseldorf Alt" right 
>> before the second appointment in saving the Universe in "Guardians of 
>> the Galaxy" ... but I'll look into this on Wednesday ... eventually 
>> I'll manage to sort out the "Api incompatability" problem (I doubt 
>> the Flexunit tests would be able to run on the Apache HW anyway ... 
>> should add a profile for that)
>>
>> Chris
>>
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> Von: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. September 2014 09:25
>> An: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Betreff: Re: Allmost finished fixing the FlexPMD build
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Most problems in the tests were related to the different length of the Adobe
and Apache file headers.
>> I know your pain but I only fixed a dozen or so of them. Seem a silly thing to base
tests on - absolute line number in code that is rather than relative line numbers.
>>
>> > Another big problem was that some Files were missing from the donation because
the original Files contained additional license headers from third parties.
>> Which files were these (for future reference)?
>>
>> > And some were simply missing while Apache licensed versions were available.
I added what I was allowed to and disabled tests that referenced test data which I couldn't
add.
>> Sounds acceptable to me.
>>
>> > I tried to deploy the SNAPSHOT versions, but every time I run it the Apache
nexus sort of hangs up in different places of the build ... all I get is a "The target server
failed to respond" ...
>> Probably the known bandwidth/speed issue I believe, mentioned in the 
>> faq is that it works best from the US :-(
>>
>> > Hopefully I'll sort out that site-plugin incompatability and manage to stage
a full set of SNAPSHOT versions so you could start testing them.
>> Assuming that people know how to consume/test a snapshot - you might have to give
some step by step instructions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>
Mime
View raw message