flex-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sdk 4.14.0 100% install failures
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:59:21 GMT
On 2/4/2015 10:46 PM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:
> What is actually happening under the hood is that IE propagates those security
> settings down to the OS level.  If you use any of the native DLLs to make
> HTTP/HTTPS calls, they will use settings set in IE (the same goes for Windows
> Update, any .NET app, etc).  This has been the case since Windows 98 and 2000 SP1.

good to know. but this occurred on a windows 7 box & none of those security
settings were turned on by default.

> I'm surprised that the SSL setting in IE hasn't bit you earlier with another
> app... but apparently you aren't alone ;P

nobody here uses IE at all. our biggest clients are locked away in MS's dungeon
so i guess they're all up-to-date. we have to test this sort of stuff on their
network using their boxes, so never seen before.