flex-dev mailing list archives

From sdoolan <shane.doo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JIRA] (FLEX-34759) ArrayList performance improvements
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 00:30:28 GMT

I re-ran the tests on a release player/swf as you suggested (I should have
thought of that), shuffled the logic to give the splice preference in the
if-else statements, and reduced the calls to 'length' with good results.

- ArrayList.addItemAt is 40x faster when adding both int's and
IEventDispatcher's at the start/end of the list.
- ArrayList.removeItemAt is 4x faster when removing items from the start of
the list, and over 200x faster at the end for both both int's and
- Random add/removes are marginally improved, I suspect the odd time it hits
the start or end offsets the extra logic added to check if the splice can be

See the jira comments for a table of results and an updated patch