flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: TLF version control/license issues
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 08:42:50 GMT

> Let’s discuss the alice.xml file header.  It still seems to me that having
> the Apache header is correct as the text was significantly modified to
> have TextFlow markup in it.

The modification are trivial, and non creative as they basically just adding paragraph marks
at the start and end of each line. My understanding is that the licence header only needs
to change to Apache if significant creative changes are made. If the header is changed then
that also needs to be put into the NOTICE file. Do we want to do that on a file by file basis
I assume not?

> Can you post what you think the header should be?

Something simple along the lines of:
"Content taken form Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. Now in the public domain."

But it may depend on where the content was actually original from, for instance look at the
header and legal footer on this [1]

>  And can you explain why it should be different than the way we handled the CC content
in Tour De
> Flex?

Perhaps that's wrong as well and needs fixing, but at least the original license is mentioned
in the file and  it's also mentioned in NOTICE.

1. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11/11-h/11-h.htm

View raw message