flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [4.14] binary vs. source package legal docs
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 15:02:05 GMT
I should have thought of this sooner, but I went and looked at COLT and it
includes a GenericSorter!  I’m short on time today to verify this is the
same one as Saxon uses, but assuming it is, I’d say then Saxon should be

Also, I haven’t reviewed Justin’s changes to L & N in detail, but from the
check-in notes, I don’t see anything that looks wrong.  I did just
download the binary package.  I think some changes need to be made to the
build script to pull out the W3C licenses to where they are supposed to be.

On 1/4/15, 6:32 AM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>From [1], I would interpret the following:
>For the purposes of being a dependency to an Apache product, which
>licenses are considered to be similar in terms to the Apache License
>2.0?Works under the following licenses may be included within Apache
>* Apache License 2.0 <http://apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0>
><many licenses skipped>
>* License for CERN packages in COLT
><http://acs.lbl.gov/software/colt/license.html> but note that this applies
>only to CERN packages in COLT and not others
>to mean that we need approval to use the CERN sort algorithm bundled in
>Saxon.  I agree with Justin that Legal really should approve, but
>technically they haven’t.  But if approved, then yes, we need to change
>NOTICE as Justin said.  There is a complex set of NOTICES that come with
>Saxon.  I think Justin and I agree that some don’t need to be in our
>[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
>On 1/4/15, 5:54 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
>>That is awesome!
>>So, just change NOTICE and we're done with this?
>>On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
>>> Hi,
>>> I actually don't think there's any disagreement here.
>>> Justin
>>Ix Multimedia Software
>>Jan Luykenstraat 27
>>3521 VB Utrecht