flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [4.14] binary vs. source package legal docs
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 11:53:55 GMT
> Blocking issues:
> - saxon9 if bundled NOTICE will needs to be modified. I look into that depending on if
we decide to bundle it or not.
> - saxon9 if not not bundled in the binary release will need to be removed from LICENSE

Currently, Saxon is bundled, right? And you and Alex disagree on if it
can stay that way? IIUC, you think it can remain bundled, but in order
to make that 'legal', we would need to change NOTICE?

I would prefer it if we do not change any 'tech', but 'simply' correct
the legal docs... So, Alex, what are your objections to Justin's
argument that a change to NOTICE would allow us to keep using Saxon
the way we are?

I will try to keep my patience for one more round of arguments on
this. If you two can't agree on a solution in the next couple of days,
I will call a vote on the solution that looks to me to be the least
intrusive, for both the code base and the user.

Thanks,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software