flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Carried RC Votes
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2014 18:23:50 GMT
Me too, but something Bertrand said about typing +1 is quicker than typing carryover made me
wonder if we are correct. I'm hoping when Bertrand catches up on these threads he'll see my
question to him about this and clarify.
Sent via the PANTECH Discover, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

I understood the issue the same way.

On Saturday, December 6, 2014, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don’t want to prolong discussion, but I think there’s one point which
> needs to be clarified:
> Discussion in the VOTE thread made me realize that there might be a
> differing of understanding in what it means to vote and have votes carry
> over.
> My understanding and apparently the understanding of Om is that when a PMC
> member asks to carry over their vote, it’s because they are 1) aware of the
> changes between the last RC and the current one, and 2) confident that what
> they checked on the last RC is still valid. It was also my understanding
> that to cast a new vote on a new RC, one must go through the full
> rigamarole of checking the RC from start to finish, while carrying the vote
> only requires being certain that the vote is still applicable.
> If I read the emails correctly, Justin understood differently on both
> points.
> If my understanding of what it means to carry a vote over is correct, I
> think that resolves Justin’s concerns.
> Do I understand the issue correctly?
> Thanks,
> Harbs