flex-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Smith <gsmit...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: BlazeDS not compiling for clean copy of SDK source
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2014 21:45:04 GMT
> I get the following error on a clean copy of the SDK, when I do an
> 'ant release' ... But as soon as I did an 'ant' on 'flex-blazeds' and
> then tried again, the problem went away ...
> [javac] /Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flexblazeds/modules/common/src/flex/messaging/config/ApacheXPathClientConfigurationParser.java:19:
> error: package org.apache.xpath does not exist

I had the same problem.

I don't think it should be a requirement to manually build flex-blazeds before building flex-sdk.
If the SDK needs something in BlazeDS, BlazeDS should have an ant target that automatically
builds that thing without error, and the ant script for flex-sdk should call that target.
The README should explain that you must have source for both repos and that you have asset
BLAZEDS_HOME to point to flex-blazeds in addition to setting FLEX_HOME to point to flex-sdk.
(Bummer that this isn't called SDK_HOME, or that both aren't FLEX_SDK_HOME and FLEX_BLAZEDS_HOME.)

The way that the build.xml for flex-sdk finds the flex-blazeds repo looks inconsistent. I
see references to ${BLAZEDS_HOME}, but I don't have this set and the script didn't seem to
complain. I also see references to ${FLEX_HOME}/../flex-blazeds and to ${FLEX_HOME}/../blazeds.
All references should go through BLAZEDS_HOME and an early check should fail if this isn't
set.

Is the dependency on BlazeDS something that got added recently? What does the SDK need from
BlazeDS?

- Gordon