flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: The 'less-RC' process explained
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:04:15 GMT

> I don’t think Erik was trying to be so precise with his wording.

I just want to make sure we're not trying to introduce consensus for releases via this new
process. It really needs to be made clear that releases are by majority approval only (ie
3+1 more +1s than -1s) not consensus (3 +1s and a -1 is a veto). The wording as it is currently
reads to me that a "blocker" is basically a veto and thus you need consensus before making
a release candidate, that's against Apache policy and we can't have a release process that
does that.

View raw message