flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [TTH] vetoes get in the way
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 08:24:51 GMT
> I just read https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Guidelines
> and I think allowing vetoes for most everything, as those guidelines
> do, is calling for trouble.

We recently voted to change the default vote type from Consensus to
Majority Approval.

The only Consensus votes remaining in our guidelines (that I can find)
are for the addition or removal of people in 'official' Apache
positions (Committers and PMC members). I can't recall the exact
arguments, but this was discussed at length by the PMC when we wrote
the guidelines and even revisited some time later.

I would certainly reconsider changing those votes to Majority Approval.

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295