flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/release4.14.0] - add adl and act to list of files to copy
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 07:52:36 GMT
Chris,

Just commit to the 'release4.14' branch. I'll merge that back into
develop when we've released (or maybe sooner, if my time permits).

Thanks,

EdB

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Chris Martin <chrsmrtn@outlook.com> wrote:

> Okay, I got a change to the script that will detect the OS.  Basically it will look for
linux emulated in windows (CYGWIN and MINGW), if one of those are detected, then it will choose
a file set for that environment to copy (basically the adl.exe and adt.bat.  If it detects
any other environment then it will assume it is a unix environment and copy a file set that
includes adt and adl instead. Should I just commit this change against the head, or would
it be best to commit it against Justin's and then merge it into the head?  I'm leaning towards
merging it in as it will keep the change together as we try to address the missing adt and
adl issue.

> Chris
>
>> From: chrsmrtn@outlook.com
>> To: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Subject: RE: git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/release4.14.0] - add adl and act
to list of files to copy
>> Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:22:41 -0700
>>
>> Ugh, one test and it worked, and now the other it is not.  The -n file is not clobbering
the file as noted in the help, but the error is still being presented and the script stops.

>> Chris
>>
>> > From: chrsmrtn@outlook.com
>> > To: dev@flex.apache.org
>> > Subject: RE: git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/release4.14.0] - add adl and
act to list of files to copy
>> > Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:04:57 -0700
>> >
>> > Yeah, we can use uname[1].  I try my best to avoid OS detection only because
there are many out there.  This issue stems from how .exe files are handled in Cygwin.  Basically
they treat 'file.exe' and 'file' to be the same thing as 'file' is an executable in *nix[2].

>> > Judging by how the rsync command uses --ignore-existing (skip updating files
that already exist on receiver), then would it be right to assume that cp is to behave the
same way?  Basically only copy over files if they don't already exist in the target sdk folder.
I'm basing my assuming on yes only because that is what will happen if we copy over a directory,
existing files will not be overwritten and skipped.  If we do intend to skip existing files
then we just need to add the -n flag to the cp command at line 68 (inside copyFileOrDirectory).
 After that we will not attempt to copy adl if adl.exe already exists in the target sdk folder.

>> > Chris
>> >

>> > [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uname
>> > [2] http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/cp-utility-bug-when-dest-name-exe-file-exist-tp57955p58001.html

and act to list of files to copy

- add adl and act to list of files to copy

does not copy the adt and adl files as I think we are expecting.  Are we expecting those files
to also be copied if they use the bat file?

Mac

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27