flex-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The 'less-RC' process explained
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:55:36 GMT

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> ...Perhaps "some agreement" or "general agreement" is a better term? You may consider
> that an unnecessary distinction but I really think that the PMC as a whole misses this
> rather important point about releases....

I was going to comment on that - sticking to the ASF-wide voting
"modes" of http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html would IMO help
make sure everybody's on the same page.

That provides the following 3 options:

"majority approval" which is defined at

"veto", defined at http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#Veto
which only applies to commits

"lazy consensus" as per

I suppose Flex can live with these options, you could then just use
these terms and refer to the above pages which are standard Apache
definitions, to spare yourself the burden of defining your own

View raw message