flex-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Martin <chrsm...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Could not find compiled locale with mustella ResourceManager tests
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 20:39:33 GMT
Hey Alex,

I think just nailed this one :)

> > Right now, I think I want to know why that one test fails when run as the
> > full set and passes on the failures run.

So the failed test that is being run again is not the same test that was throwing the exception.
 The test that throws the exception is:

ResourceManager_Methods_findResourceBundleWithResource RTL_ResourceManager_Method_findResourceBundleWithResource_1LocaleChainItem_InvalidLocale

Specifically an exception is thrown at ResourceManager_Methods_findResourceBundleWithResource.mxml
line 137.

But because the exception dialog is visible this causes a different test which started earlier
to timeout.  Specifically this one:

resources/ResourceManager/Integration/ResourceManager_Integration_UIComponent_resourcesChanged
ResourceManager_Integration_UIComponent_resourcesChanged_localeChain

And in the end the process gets clobbered. This means that if you ran again using the -failures,
then it will run the one that timed out, and not the one that had the exception.  Since there
is no exception dialog causing it to timeout again, it will pass.  Considering the RTL_ResourceManager_Method_findResourceBundleWithResource_1LocaleChainItem_InvalidLocale
test had an exception means it was unable to "cleanly fail" and add it's entry into the failures.txt
file.

So in summary. The issue the entire time was that we were intentionally not loading the fr_FR
locale as it was part of the test.  So we should not have the .compile file. See from my previous
email:

> I did take out the exception throw and got only 4 failures.  Then I decided to take out
the .compile file as I noted that for the tests we are building up custom bundles and are
not using the ones in the sdk locale folder. And now I can pass all 417 tests without any
issues.

So having the .compile file does cause other case tests that use the German local to fail.

This new exception was being thrown so we were unable to properly proceed with the RTL_ResourceManager_Method_findResourceBundleWithResource_1LocaleChainItem_InvalidLocale
test case (and two others later on).  The exception dialog causes a previous test that we
started earlier to timeout and get added to the failures.txt file.

Two options I see right now are to either rollback the adding of the exception to ResourceManagerImpl.as,
or simply obsolete tests that reference an unloaded locale (three in total).  I'm inclined
to remove the exception so the SDK will behave has it had prior to 4.10.0. I didn't see any
tickets related to this change, and nothing in the RELEASE_NOTES for 4.10.0 to give more information
about the change.

As always, open to other ideas on how to get this going again. Super excited to have nailed
this one down :D

Chris

> From: chrsmrtn@outlook.com
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Could not find compiled locale with mustella ResourceManager tests
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 00:18:16 -0700
>
> Sure! I too am curious why it fails in the group but passes when we run it by itself.
The exception throw didn't go anywhere.

> I did take out the exception throw and got only 4 failures.  Then I decided to take out
the .compile file as I noted that for the tests we are building up custom bundles and are
not using the ones in the locale folder. And now I can pass all 417 tests without any issues.

> I think first i'm going to add in a test case for FLEX-25045[1] and make sure it clears
now that I got a clean test pass.  That and I'd like to get that fix in for 4.14.0 ;)

> Then i'll put back in the exception throw and try to figure out what is going on.  Oddly
enough i'm still having issues with the file being created in the C:\tmp folder.  I can create
a file there myself, through my console window, so I'm not sure why the script cannot.

> Chris
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-25045
> > From: aharui@adobe.com
> > To: dev@flex.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: Could not find compiled locale with mustella ResourceManager tests
> > Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 06:43:56 +0000
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Right now, I think I want to know why that one test fails when run as the
> > full set and passes on the failures run.  I think if it had failed on the
> > failures run then we’d have looked deeper earlier and realized we broke
> > the ‘missing bundle’ case for findResourceBundleWithResource().  We might
> > need to think about reverting the code that throws an exception when a
> > bundle isn’t found, or at least making that particular API work like it
> > used to.  Are you interested in looking into that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Alex
> >
> > On 12/11/14, 9:52 PM, "Chris Martin" <chrsmrtn@outlook.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hey Alex,
> > >
> > >Yeah I see what you mean.  I think I figured out what happened.  We have
> > >a commit made to ResourceManagerImpl.as[1] which I believe now obsoletes
> > >those types of tests because we now throw an exception if it was unable
> > >to find the locale.  So really we cannot get ourselves into that
> > >situation anymore.
> > >
> > >Should I just comment out those tests?
> > >
> > >BTW, I did comment out the first two tests to see if they were mucking up
> > >the ResourceManager, and I still got the same error.  That lead me to dig
> > >deeper
> > >
> > >Chris
> > >
> > >[1]
> > >https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/commit/ae28ab34c558957927471d54ce2a0ca6