flex-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Elstner <f...@dashart.de>
Subject Re: Flex SDK Installer broken on Mac OS?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:57:30 GMT
Hi,

> Due to a glitch in our CI server, we were not aware that there was an
> update to the Flash 15 file.  I’ve updated the Installer data file and it
> should now be able to install 4.13 with AIR/Flash 15.
>> Tested some minutes ago,
now every thing is fine and I have now a working AIR 15 + Flex SDK 4.13.
Thank you for the quick fix ;)

> It is known that the installer can’t combine 4.12.1 or older with AIR 15.
> If you really need that we can explore some workarounds.

>> Hrm, a warning / popup / hin in the SDK Installer would be fine.
In my case I have to do some small improvements for a business application wich was developed
against Flex SDK 4.12.1.

Switching to Flex SDK 4.13 would be a way,
but I have to test the complete application on multiple platforms to be sure, that every thing
is working as expected.

So I think a combination of older Flex SDK's with an actual AIR SDK is a very common case
for large enterprise applications.

> One workaround would be to build the SDK from source. I just re-wrote
> the README and I would love it if someone would try and see if the new
> layout of the instructions makes sense and works ...
>> I will try the guide from the README file
and give you a feedback.

Kind regards
Konstantin Elstner

Konstantin Elstner