flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: The 'less-RC' process explained
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 07:40:38 GMT
Hi,

I'll look at the changes and make some more edits later today if I some time.

> I've changed 'consensus' to 'agreement'

While consensus has a well defined meaning under Apache (especially in voting), basically
agreement means the same thing here. There is no requirement for agreement for publishing
a release. (again all it requires is a majority vote of 3 +1 and more +1s than -1s). Perhaps
"some agreement" or "general agreement" is a better term? You may consider that an unnecessary
distinction but I really think that the PMC as a whole misses this rather important point
about releases.

I have concerns about a release process that seems on face value to be a single vote only
after consensus / agreement is reached and that treats any "blockers" along the way as vetoes.
It comes from good intentions (trying to reducing the workload on the PMC) but may not be
in alignment with Apache release policy.

Perhaps Bertrand or Rich would care to comment on this?

Thanks,
Justin