flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AIR app.xml
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:57:18 GMT
Could it be this file?

On Dec 11, 2014, at 10:46 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please forgive my question if it’s a dumb one, but I did not find this info on a casual
> When a new project is created, where does the app.xml file come from? Is that something
controlled by the AIR package, Flash Builder, or Flex?
> The primary reason I’m asking this question is because the default value of requestedDisplayResolution
does not make sense to me. The default is “standard”, but that makes for very blurry apps
on Retina screens. I can’t imagine why you’d want to create an app that does not look
right on a HIDPI screen. Someone on the user list suggested that “high” uses more GPU.
I’d like to confirm that, but even if it’s true, I can’t imagine that makes such a difference
for 99% of apps. If we can switch that default to “high”, I think that’s something we
should do…
> Harbs

View raw message