flex-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: WindowApplication.as edit / ApplicationDPI scaling bug ?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 17:37:28 GMT
I havent tested it but a possible workaround would be to avoid flex
scaling completely and write your own... either set stage.scaleX/Y as
appropriate (or maybe you will need to put all your content inside a
group and scale the group).

Having said that, the more i think about it, i'm not sure scaling a
desktop app is ideal (even if window cant be resized by user) - but i'm
guessing your app is too far into development to change that?

Lee Burrows

On 05/12/2014 16:54, Jason Moore wrote:
> Hi All,
> I submitted a bug to the Jira system around how the application scaling using applicationDPI
for desktop Air Apps seems to be broken. I've included screenshots, example code etc.. so
I won't go into detail here, if you're interested and can help please do have a look. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34653
> Anyway, I've checked out the source... and have been playing around but I can't seem
to get any changes to the WindowedApplication.as (\frameworks\projects\airspark\src\spark\components)
to do anything. Trace statements don't work, I've even put in deliberate errors... to no effect.
 Changes and trace statements in other parts of the framework such as systemManager.as appear
so I know I'm compiling and using my edited source.