flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] No RC process for releases
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 08:02:34 GMT
Hi,

Given it looks like both Alex and Eric has very different views of this no RC process I suggest
that they get it documented, that will save any future confusion and conflict around the process
in the future. Is that not a reasonable suggestion?

I'm also yet to see any ideas on how to improve the process. The data clearly shows it didn't
work well for TourDeFlex. People who are for using this process must have some ideas?

The RC vote/discussion in my last email is important. I hate to see a release having to be
removed/withdrawn as it was unclear what people were voting on or that worse what we release
can't be recreated from version control easily. While we may be able to tweak the process
leading up to making a release we still have to follow Apache process make voting on and making
releases.

Thanks,
Justin