flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Carried RC Votes
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 13:32:32 GMT

> Do you mean the RM is more qualified than other voting people for what is regarding legal
issues or has more responsibilities on legal as RM ?

The RM has more at risk as they are responsible for the release. If for some reason there
was a issue with a release and it was determined that there wasn't the required PMC oversight
(3 +1 valid  votes) the RM may not have the legal protection that the ASF gives. Granted I
don't see this happening and the risk is low but why chance it when it's easily avoided? Plus
we need to give confidence to businesses who use our software.

> It has been stated many times: when there have been no code changes.

It's been stated by several people yes, but I'd like to hear that from Erik if you don't mind.

View raw message