flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [4.14] binary vs. source package legal docs
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:03:11 GMT
Hi,

> Digging into Saxon, I’m stuck on the CERN NOTICE.  We are going to have to
> ask on legal-discuss to get approval to use Saxon.  I will open a LEGAL
> JIRA shortly.

Do we know if the CERN license actually applies to anything in the jar? The GPL "notice" for
instance refers to the .net version of Saxon which we are not using.

> I think we have the option of not bundling Saxon and downloading it as
> part of the install if we want to go down that road.

Which also probably mean we would need to remove all old versions of the SDK and modify them
and the installer to do the same.

Thanks,
Justin