flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FLEX-JS] Streamlining the packaging
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:30:00 GMT

On 11/10/14, 12:23 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>Would it be possible to package the JS parts in the same units as SWFs?
>
>I was thinking of one of these scenarios:
>
>- For each FlexJS swc, a matching directory for JS exists
>
>- For each FlexJS swc a zip containing the JS part exists
>
>- A FlexJS module consists of a SWF which contains the JS part as static
>resources (After all a SWC is a ZIP)

I’m not sure what you mean by “module”.  Does Maven have modules?  Did you
mean to write “SWF”?  A “SWF” is not a zip.

>The last option would definitely make things in Flexmojos 1000 times
>easier than the the others. My runner-up option would be the SWC + ZIP
>solution. Last would be the directory (I would simply zip that up when
>generating the Maven artifacts). It would be super-duper-awesome, if
>FalconJX would be able to work with JavaScript jars/zips directly without
>unpacking them, as this would be the cleanest solution.

In another thread, someone liked the notion that a FlexJS SWC also
contains the JS files individually (not in a ZIP) as well as the SWF and
catalog.xml. Already we stick .css and some other files in there, and you
can also add in asdoc.  We’d need to prove that it won’t mess up Flash
Builder if we do that.  Is this what you meant as your “last option”?

>I think these changes would need to be done anyway if tool vendors like
>Jetbrains would start adding support for FlexJS natively as they would
>have to deal with the same problems.

I’ve been told Jetbrains already has implemented FlexJS support, although
nobody has a complete answer of an eco-system of SWC from Apache as well
as third-parties.

-Alex