flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Flex SDK "dependencies"
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:24:13 GMT

On 11/3/14, 10:15 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>> >Not sure what the 'lookupOnly="true"' means ... does that attribute
>>allow
>> >the old compiler to ignore the lack of a 'MiniDebugTarget.as' file
>> >anywhere
>> >in the SDK?
>>
>> Don’t know for sure.  It appears it is used to add entries to an xml
>> namespace without actually including the source in the SWC.  That allows
>> us to have mx:ArrayCollection also appear as s:ArrayCollection without
>> having to duplicate code.  So I think you can just skip trying to
>>compile
>> anything with lookupOnly.
>>

>"you can just skip" ... Me? This is Falcon and SDK code. I wouldn't dream
>of touching it ...

I’m not familiar with the code you are writing.  I have no idea what
differences there are between what you are trying to do and the code you
are running vs what the functional test that has Falcon compile every SDK
SWC is.  The latter seems to be working.

So that means to me that there is something in your setup that is causing
Falcon to care about those manifest entries.  I see there is a
Configuration option about lookupOnly.  Not sure if it will make a
difference or if your setup is defaulting to a different value for it, or
maybe in the logic Falcon is using to choose source to compile, your code
has to tell it to skip those units.

-Alex